Pair these scary looking werewolf feet with Ghostly Potato Puffs, and any number of other yummy Halloween Dishes. If serving these “feet” loaves on the BOO-ffet table, arrange them in a round chafing dish and place a bowl of the glaze in the middle: triple or quadruple the glaze recipe, microwave it until it boils and thickens a little, and serve.
8 Servings (4 large “feet” loaves)
2 pounds ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup catsup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
16 blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix the ground beef, onion soup mix, eggs, bread crumbs, and barbecue sauce.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture and divide the remaining into four portions.
- Form each portion so it resembles a foot with an ankle.
- Press your finger to make a small indentation inside the ankle to hold the blood (don’t make it too deep or the sides will cave in)
- Divide the reserved meat mixture into 16 pieces and form them into ovals resembling toes (apparently werewolves only have four toes on each foot).
- Push four "toes" onto each foot and press an almond into each toe.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and fill the ankles with glaze, spilling some of it out to resemble blood spatter.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the meat loaves are fully cooked through.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 168
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 34% Carb. 20%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Sodium 885 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 21%