To save time, purchase fresh mozzarella pearls rather than a block of fresh mozzarella; the pearls are the perfect size pieces to add to the sauté, so no cutting is necessary. If you have grape or cherry tomatoes in your garden, halve a handful or two and add them at the same time as the mozzarella. This is one vegetable dish everyone will love.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 to 4 cups fresh corn cut off the cob, about 6 ears
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 cup red onions, finely chopped
1 pound small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet; add the corn, garlic, and onions.
- Let the mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is almost tender. If the mixture seems dry, add a little water.
- Stir in the zucchini, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir-fry until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the fresh mozzarella and stir until it begins to melt.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 78
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 18% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 92 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 18% Calcium 0% Iron 5%