- Never laugh when a hearse goes by
Since you may be the next one to die
They wrap you up in a bloody sheet
And put you in a hole 6 feet deep.
The worms crawl in
The worms crawl out
The worms play pinochle on your snout
The tune to The Hearse Song may be catchy, but the song is scary, especially the chorus which is all about worms.
So, why not serve these disgusting, but delicious Wiggly Worms this year at the annual Halloween BOO-ffet? They are made of strips of roasted butternut squash that have been tossed in butter and a spicy mix of chili powder, cayenne, and salt. If you have some empty tin cans, you can label them and fill them with these worms.
2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4" x 1/4" x 3" strips
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the squash strips in a bowl; pour the melted butter over them.
- Mix the salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper; sprinkle over the squash strips and mix well, being careful not to break the strips.
- Spread the coated strips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 18-25 minutes or until tender and the edges begin to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 36
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 6% Carb. 63%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 143 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 240% Vitamin C 53% Calcium 0% Iron 6%