Pierce Brosnan’s last movie as Bond also featured Halle Berry as Jinx. The two are on the trail of philanthropist multi-millionaire, Gustav Graves and assistant Miranda Frost who are a lot more than what they appear to be. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching 2002’s “Die Another Day”.
· James has been captured by General Moon and is being held prisoner. When James is being taken to see the General, he is put in a chair and his hands are tied in chains behind him. He is then taken out of the room and the next time he’s shown, he’s in the back of a truck for a prisoner exchange. During the back view of James being taken out of the truck, his hands are still chained behind his back. But in the following view, when he’s talking to the General, his hands are behind him but they’re no longer tied. He eventually brings his hands in front of him and there are no chains!
· James is watching Jinx as she comes out of the ocean and walks to the kabana. After he tells her his name, the front view shows James smoking the cigar and he takes it out of his mouth. It cuts to a front view of Jinx (side view of James) and the cigar is in James’ mouth and he takes it out again.
· After James has cut Gustav Graves in the fencing match, Graves challenges him to a “first blood” match with different weapons. Graves throws a sword to James. In a quick view, James is holding the handle of the sword in his right hand and he runs his left hand down the blade. In the following front view, the same scene is repeated.
· When Graves is making his Icarus presentation, James is in the crowd. The woman behind James’ right shoulder (and the woman behind her) has glasses on during the Icarus light show. When the light is gone the women and others around them do not have glasses on anymore. Then in the following view, the women are seen taking the sunglasses off.
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! While James is battling Graves/Moon on the plane, Jinx has her hands full fighting Miranda. While the two are fighting, Jinx gets cut across the stomach. The cut is deep enough to draw blood. But after James and Jinx escape via the helicopter and have gone to the house (the helicopter is outside), they’re shown inside where James has put some of the diamonds on her stomach. There’s now no sign of the cut!
“Die Another Day” (2002) stars Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry, Toby Stephens, Rosamund Pike, Rick Yune, Judi Dench, John Cleese and Michael Madsen. It runs 133 minutes and is rated PG-13 for action violence and sexuality.
Get your copy of "Die Another Day" here: