If youíve lots of time, these luscious scones can be cut with gingerbread man cookie cutters; use dried cranberries or raisins for eyes if you like. They can also be cut with a small round cutter and served for tea; make sure there is lemon curd available as well as lightly sweetened whipped cream cheese and/or clotted cream.
3 cups Master Baking Mix
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soft butter
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400į.
- Mix the baking mix, ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter; stir in the molasses, whipping cream, and egg, forming a soft dough.
- Roll or pat out to a 10" round on a lightly floured pastry cloth or countertop. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve piping hot; split and slather with butter.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 5% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 564 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 14%