If you donít have the Ground Beef Module in the freezer, simply brown a pound of ground beef with some fresh chopped onions, adding salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. This method takes a little longer, but will work in a pinch is one isn't in a big hurry. This casserole is almost a complete meal. Just serve it with plenty of shredded lettuce and more salsa.
8 Large Servings
8 frozen burritos, (1 32-ounce package)
2 cups ground beef mixture from the Ground Beef Module
8 broken tostada shells (more or less Ė they just add texture)
2 cups medium salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Place 4 burritos in the bottom of a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle half of the ground beef mixture over, the top with half of the tostada shells.
- Cover with half of the salsa and half of the cheese.
- Repeat, ending up with cheese on top.
- Cover the crock, set to low, and let cook 5-7 hours (or high 3-4 hours).
- Serve with shredded lettuce and additional salsa.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 204
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 19% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 670 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 19 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 4%