Chocolate and candied ginger are very popular in European chocolate shops, and are generally quite expensive. They are much cheaper to make at home, even when using highest quality chocolate, which is an absolute must. These little bite-sized drops are elegant enough for fancy holiday parties or buffets, but you’ll find they are great to serve any time of year.
8 ounces dark chocolate
8 ounces milk chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces candied ginger, chopped
Extra ginger pieces for garnish
- Chop the dark and milk chocolates and place in a microwave-safe container.
- Add the butter.
- Microwave 1 minute; let sit one minute, and stir.
- Microwave an additional minute and stir until melted. If the chocolate isn't melted and smooth, microwave an additional minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- When the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the ginger.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Chill until set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 49 Calories from Fat 21
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 11 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 4%