The red and green fruit are very festive, and, unlike traditional fruitcake, this one will actually be eaten and enjoyed. It can be made ahead and wrapped in brandy-soaked cheesecloth if one chooses to do so, but it is good just the way it is. Why not try something new this year? You and your family are sure to like it and there will be no leftovers.
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup candied red and green cherries
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup candied pineapple
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan, 10” tube pan, or two medium loaf pans with Baker’s Joy (or non-stick spray and a dusting of flour).
- In a mixer bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until light.
- Mix in the eggs until well-incorporated.
- Add 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder; add to the cheese and butter mixture gradually, stirring well.
- Mix the fruit and nuts with the remaining 1/4 cup flour and fold into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 122
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 5% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 139 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%