British super agent, Austin Powers is cryogenically frozen in the 1960s. Years later, Austin is brought of deep freeze to stop his arch-nemesis, Dr. Evil, with the help of his cronies, from his usual diabolical plan of taking over the world. But Austin has the help of fellow agent, Vanessa Kensington, to not only help foil Dr. Evil’s plans but to also help Austin navigate the new world he finds himself thrown into, a cultural shock that’s completely different from the peace and love world he left behind. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery”.
· At the beginning of the movie, Austin and Mrs. Kensinston are in a club. Austin hits a waitress who falls in the floor, knocking her hat off. In the next view, the person still has the hat on.
· After Austin is thawed from being cryogenically frozen, he is on an upright table. The nurses take off the two clips that are attached to his ears. But, in the very next close up of Austin, the clips are back on.
· When Vanessa and Austin are first on the airplane, Vanessa’s glasses are on and she ten takes them off. But throughout the rest of the scene, Vanessa’s glasses alternate from being off, then on and then off again.
· When Austin and Vanessa are in Las Vegas, Vanessa has had a little too much to drink. She falls asleep while holding a gold champagne glass in her right hand. When Austin moves her in the very next view, the champagne glass is gone.
· Near the end of the movie, Austin finds himself locked in a room with the FemBots. During the scene, Austin throws each of the FemBots a cigarette and then proceeds to work his mojo. But the FemBots’ and Austin’s cigarettes disappear!
“Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery” (1997) stars Mike Myers, Elizabeth Hurley, Michael York, Mimi Rogers, Robert Wagner, Seth Green, Mindy Sterling, Will Ferrell and Fabiana Udenio. It runs 89 minutes and is rated PG-13 for nudity, sex-related dialogue and humor.
Try your hand at Austin Powers Movie Trivia
Get your copy of "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" here: