It’s up to Austin Powers to save the world from Dr. Evil, who’s up to his old tricks again, this time with the help of his son, Scott, and a new nemesis named Goldmember. When Austin’s secret agent/playboy father, Nigel Powers, Austin must travel back to the 1970’s in order to rescue him. Along the way, not only does Austin team up with Foxxy Cleopatra and gains an unlikely ally in Mini-Me, but he also learns of a secret connection between him and Dr. Evil that could change their rivalry forever. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for whiles watching “Goldmember”.
• At the very beginning of the movie, the “Tom Cruise” Austin Powers’ Shaguar is racing down the road with a helicopter flying overhead. The car suddenly breaks and stops in the middle of the road. At first, when the car is stopped, it’s on solid double lines. In the very next view, the lines have changed to one broken line even though the car has never moved.
• After the real Austin Powers has talked to Steven Spielberg, a dance number breaks out. During the dance sequence with Gwyneth Paltrow, when she and Austin do a back flip, it’s actually another person substituting for her. Part of the person’s blonde wig falls off.
• After the beginning sequence, Dr. Evil’s secret lair is show. When Dr. Evil and Scott are talking, there are people on the couch behind them that appear, disappear and reappear during the scene.
• Goldmember is holding Austin’s father captive in his nightclub. When Austin tries to rescue him, Goldmember confronts the pair. When Foxxy Cleopatra has Goldmember’s skin box, she opens it. The scene cuts to Austin and Nigel and then back to Goldmember and Foxxy, who appears to be opening the box again.
• When Dr. Evil is explaining what his plans are, a globe is released which hits him in the head. There is only one crew member to the left of the screen, who is holding a large wrench. But in the very next view, there is now a female crew member standing next to him and the wrench is nowhere to be seen.
• Foxxy and Austin are trying to track down Fat Bastard after his sumo wrestling match. While Austin is hiding in the laundry basket, one wrestler puts his black wrestling belt in and another wrestler drops his yellow belt in the basket. Fat Bastard then calls Foxxy over to get his plaid belt. The scene cuts to Austin inside the basket and he has a silver wresting belt, even though a silver belt was never seen being put in there!
“Austin Powers: Goldmember” stars Mike Myers, Beyonce Knowles, Seth Green, Michael York, Michael Caine, Robert Wagner, Mindy Sterling, Verne Troyer and Fred Savage. It runs 94 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sexual innuendo, crude humor and language.
Try your hand at Austin Powers Movie Trivia
Get your copy of "Goldmember" here: