Recently, while in a Paris bookstore, I picked up a cute little cookbook, Les 30 Recettes Cultes...: Nutella (French Edition), and was intrigued by the number of luscious looking desserts contained therein. I immediately made the decadent Nutella Chocolate Chippers (my adaption from my translation), and the Official Hancock Tasters and various co-workers loved them. I used the leftovers in the following easy Slow Cooker Nutella Pudding which is great served warm with a little chocolate syrup, a sprinkling of chopped toasted hazelnuts, and whipped cream. It cooks in the slow cooker, and can sit on warm for several hours until it’s convenient to serve.
12 Rich and Decadent Servings
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup Nutella
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hazelnut extract, or almond
36 (2" in diameter), Nutella Chocolate Chippers
Sweetened whipped cream
Chopped toasted hazelnuts, (optional)
- Measure the eggs, sugar, cocoa, Nutella, milk, salt, and extract into the blender; blend until smooth. If no blender is available, whisk until smooth.
- Spray a 2-3 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer the cookies in the crock; they should fill the crock about 2/3 full.
- Pour the egg mixture over; press the cookies down to soak up the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour; turn down to low and cook 2-3 hours or until the custard is set.
- Serve with a little chocolate syrup, sweetened whipped cream, and a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 170
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 8% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 163 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 6%