Bobby Boucher lives with his beloved but controlling Mama deep in the Louisiana bayou where he works as a water boy for the local college team. But when Coach Klein gives him the opportunity to play football for his team, anyone who makes fun of him or his Mama better watch out! Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching “The Waterboy”.
· Near the beginning of the movie, Bobby gets knocked down with the orange water cooler on his head. He takes the cooler off and is leaning against it when Coach Beaulieu yells “You’re fired”. The scene cuts back to Bobby who is still on the ground but the water cooler is gone!
· Coach Klein is having dinner with Mama and Bobby while trying to talk Mama into letting Bobby play football. When Coach Klein asks which part of the snake he’s about to eat, there’s a wide view of all three and Mama is holding the spatula and serving fork in her right hand. It cuts to a closer view of Mama and Bobby and the serving fork is in her left hand.
· In Bobby’s first game, he gets mad at number 62 on the opposing team. Bobby tosses the ball to number 62 who goes into the end zone for the touchdown. Number 62 tosses the ball down and is a few yards past the football when Bobby dropkicks him. The ball isn’t near him when he falls. But when number 62 is on the ground, the over head view shows the ball next to his left leg.
· Bobby walks out of the building and sees Vicki Vallencourt working on his lawnmower. When Bobby first starts to talk to her, a man with a baseball hat, carrying a football and a bag walks out of the door behind him. When Farmer Fran walks over and says “We live to fight another day”, the man is not there (two men can be seen in the distance but neither are him). The scene cuts to Vicki and then back to a close-up of Farmer Fran where the man in the hat is walking behind him. But in the next view of Farmer Fran and Bobby, the man has disappeared again!
· Bobby is talking to Vicki after he finishes his test. There are signs in the middle window panes on each of the doors behind them. The police car pulls up and the scene cuts back to Vicki and Bobby when she tells him what to say to the police and the signs in the window panes are now gone.
“The Waterboy” (1998) stars Adam Sandler, Kathy Bates, Henry Winkler, Fairuza Balk, Jerry Reed, Blake Clark, Clint Howard and Rob Schneider. It runs 90 minute and is rated PG-13 for language and some crude sexual humor.
Get your copy of "The Waterboy" here: