3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp garlic salt
5 green onions
¼ inch piece fresh ginger
2 tbsp peanut oil
½ cup chicken broth
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 tsp cornstarch
- Soak the noodles in warm water for 30 minutes, or until they are “al dente.”
- While the noodles soak prepare the chicken. Remove as much fat from the meat as possible and then cut each breast into slices about 1 to 1 ½ inches in length.
- Once cut, place the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle it with the garlic salt and use your hand mix it in thoroughly. Then let it sit at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Rinse the green onions thoroughly and dry them. Then julienne both the green and white parts into about 1 inch long strips and set them aside.
- Peel the ginger and mince it and set it with the green onion.
- In a cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and then set this mixture aside.
- By the point the noodles should be soft. Remove them from the water and let them drain thoroughly.
- While the noodles drain, heat a wok on high and let it get hot. Then add the peanut oil and let that get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add the ginger and green onions and stir fry them for 30 seconds, or just until fragrant. Then add the chicken and stir fry until it is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through, give the sauce mixture a good stir to make sure that the cornstarch is mixed thoroughly and then add it to the chicken. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Then immediately add the noodles and mix everything together. Let the noodles cook for about 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through. Then remove them from the heat and serve.
- Alternatively you may serve the chicken mixture on top of the noodles instead of mixing it all together if you wish. To do this, simply remove the chicken mixture once the sauce thickens. Then add a little more oil to the wok and cook the noodles until they are heated through. Then place the noodles on individual plates and place the chicken mixture with the sauce on top of each portion of the noodles, enjoy.