It took only five minutes to assemble the ingredients in the slow cooker, although I opted to cook the bacon ahead on the stove rather than use what my kids call “fake-on.” Fake-on (rhymes with bacon), which is easier and comes already in packages on the salad aisle of grocery stores and warehouse stores, (and which I don’t think is too bad when I’m in a hurry) can be substituted. I also purchased the mushrooms already sliced, which is slightly more expensive, but the time savings is worth it in this case.
Guess how it turned out? Yum! Need I say more?
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, or thighs, cut into 6 serving pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 14.5 oz. jar Alfredo Sauce (Brooke says Prego brand is best for this recipe)
1/2 pound bacon, chopped, cooked until very crisp, and drained
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 3-5 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover with the mushrooms.
- Spoon the Alfredo sauce over the mushrooms and sprinkle with the bacon.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 4-6 hours (if using thighs, 5-7 hours) or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 221
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 41% Carb. 4%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 143 mg
Sodium 768 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 42 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 11%