Although this dry rub can be used on any whole or half ham, it’s especially good on a spiral-cut ham, since the flavors seem to seep into it better than with a ham that isn’t pre-sliced. Ham is one of the easiest meats to prepare, and there is little danger of messing it up – a “no-brainer” if you will, and you’ll still get plenty of raves.
1 8 pound (or thereabouts) spiral-cut pre-cooked ham
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the ham, rind side up, in the crock of a 6-8 quart slow cooker.
- Press the dry rub over the ham.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 3-5 hours or until heated through.
- Serve with the ham juices.
- Dry Rub: Mix all ingredients well.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 87
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 49% Carb. 8%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 1591 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 24 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 41% Calcium 0% Iron 9%