These cookies are great served with ice cream; they’re also great to take on picnics or to serve at backyard barbecues and summer get-togethers. Double Chocolate Orange Crunchies keep well in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. For longer storage, they also freeze well.
6 dozen cookies
1 1/4 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Zest of 1 orange
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, preferably Dutch cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups oats
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups All-Bran, or Fiber One Original Bran Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugars; beat in the eggs, orange zest, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Place a fine strainer over the butter mixture; measure the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into the strainer and shake through.
- Mix thoroughly and stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and bran cereal.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls.
- Place on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 50
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 5% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving:
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 3%