Frozen puff pastry saves lots of time, and the filling is a snap due to Junket Danish Dessert. You’ll find yourself making this luscious dessert over and over as long as the rhubarb and fresh strawberries hold out.
1/2 pound puff pastry, (1 sheet)
1 4 3/4 ounce box Raspberry Danish Dessert
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups Roasted Rhubarb
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roll the puff pastry to a square about 13" x 13". Place a 12" round plate or pizza pan on the pastry and cut around it with a knife to make it a circle. Place the circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet, prick thoroughly with a fork, bake until golden brown and puffed (10-15 minutes), and cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, mix the Danish Dessert with the water; whisk until well-mixed and microwave 3-4 minutes until boiling, stirring every minute.
- Whisk until smooth and stir in the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the filling and refrigerate until well-chilled and thickened.
- Whip the cream cheese with the sugar and whipping cream until smooth and fluffy.
- Assembly: Place the cooled pastry sheet on a serving platter; spread with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with the strawberry rhubarb filling, leaving a little in the bowl for glazing the fresh strawberries.
- Dip the whole strawberries into the reserved filling and arrange on the tart.
- Cover and refrigerate a hour or so, or up to two days; cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 125
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 5% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving:
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 47% Calcium 0% Iron 4%