An assortment of berries is ideal for the filling, but if you happen to have lots of just one variety on hand, you can certainly use them; the pie will still be scrumptious.
16 Servings (2 pies)
6 ounces white chocolate
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 3 oz. package raspberry flavored Danish Dessert
1 cup water
3 cups berries, chopped (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
2 9" graham cracker crust
- Make the mousse: Refrigerate mixing bowl and beater for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix the white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream in a microwave safe container and microwave 1 minute, stirring every 25 seconds. Make sure you don't overcook; the white chocolate will continue melting after it is removed from the microwave.
- Whisk together until smooth and set aside until no longer warm. (you can speed it up in the fridge or freezer, but make sure you don't leave it too long.)
- When the white chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature, beat the whipping cream in the chilled bowl until soft peaks begin to appear.
- Add the white chocolate mixture and beat just until stiff peaks form when the beater is raised.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
- Make the Berry Filling:
- Whisk the Danish Dessert and water in a large microwave-safe container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2-4 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and clear.
- Whisk until smooth, fold in the berries, place a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the filling, and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Assembly: Drop spoonfuls of each of the fillings into the two pie shells; swirl them together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 175
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 58% Protein 4% Carb. 38%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 144 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 27% Calcium 0% Iron 1%