A Monthly Newsletter
Volume One, Issue Seven
- From the Editor's Desk
- March Recipes and Articles
- Hot and Spicy Festivals 2004
- FYI: Contests, Great Links
FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK
Last month I had the extreme pleasure of interviewing Jason Grooms the 'Habanero King'. Mr. Grooms is smart, witty and knows his chiles. He shared two of his special recipes with me and I am anxious to share them with you. Look for my interview with the 'Habanero King' on March 6.
You may recall that I was excited to find that Morton Salt had a new product called 'Hot Salt". Well, I've tried and I like it. It contains chipotle chile pepper which gives it a nice hot n' smokey flavor. I put a little in my tomato juice to make a virgin bloody mary and it was delicious. I tried it on broiled hamburger by sprinking just bit on both sides just before the burger finished cooking. I also made a simple mixture of butter and parsley mixed with hot salt to baste a broiling chicken. It was well seasoned and moist. Try Morton's Spiced Crackers When used with a light hand, Mortons Hot Salt makes a wonderful addition to your kitchen.
Yours until the next time,
Vannie Ryanes (~.~)
Host and Editor
Hot and Spicy at BellaOnline
MARCH RECIPES AND ARTICLES:
_ Interview With Jason Grooms The Habanero King
_ Habanero King's Caribbean Sunfire Sauce
_ Habanero King's Desert Venom Chili
_ Short Ribs with Cabbage
_ Spicy Grilled Pork Chops
_ Asian-Style Noodles with Spicy Honey Grilled Chicken
_ Warm Sliced Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs
_ Fajita Frittata
_ Irish Soda Bread
_ Feisty Garlic & Pepper Chicken
_ Potato Samosas
_ Hot Spiced Lemon Appleade
Hot and Spicy Festivals:
April 24, 25 2004 Texas Hot and Spicy Festival - Houston, Texas
July 23, 24, 25, 2004 Gilroy Garlic Festival - Gilroy, California
For Your Information:
- Still Time to Enter: The Southern Living Cook-Off 2004 - A $100,000.00 prize. You can enter various Recipe Categories. Entries received via mail must be postmarked by June 16 and received by June 23, 2004. See Southern Living Cook-Off 2004 for categories and full details.
- Food Reference is a great site. It is literally and virtually an encyclopedia for the food obsessed. Look for kitchen tips, poems and humor, food and wine tours, daily food news, cooking school information and of course recipes. There are too many subjects to name here. If you are not familiar with this site, a visit will have you loving it as much a I do.
- Did you know that Amazon.com had a recipe section
Subscribe to H&S Foods Monthly News Letter:
Make sure you don't miss a single issue of Hot & Spicy Foods @ BellaOnline Click Here or simply subscribe at the Hot and Spicy subscribe box shown below each article. BellaOnline respects your privacy and does not release, trade, or sell e-mail addresses to third parties. You have our promise.
And - Remember to add a little spice to your life!
Vote for Food & Wine