1 medium orange
2 cloves garlic
1/8 piece fresh ginger
4 sprigs of fresh cilantro
¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
¼ tsp jalapeño vinegar
2 tbsp peanut oil
4 tbsp fruit only plum or apricot preserves
1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
½ tsp ground mustard
- Rinse the orange under cold running water and dry it with paper towels. Grate the peel of the orange until it make one teaspoon full and set it aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into a small cup so that you have 2 tablespoons full and then set it aside.
- Peel the garlic and chop it into small pieces and set them aside.
- Peel the ginger and grate it and then set it aside. The easiest way to do this is to use a large piece of ginger and peel just 1/8 of an inch of it without chopping it into this small of a piece. Then grate it using the unpeeled part as a handle to grate with.
- Rinse the cilantro under cold running water and dry it with paper towels. Then chop it into small pieces and set them aside.
- In a small cup mix together both of the vinegars, the peanut oil, orange juice, and the fruit preserves. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the orange peel, garlic, ginger, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and ground mustard.
- Mix everything together and then place this mixture in a small food processor and process it on high for about 1 minute, or until everything is chopped and mixed together thoroughly.
- Store in the refrigerator in a container with a tight fitting lid until used. Makes about ¾ cup.