It's that time of year again: the weather is getting warmer, showing the promise of no more freezing cold. Flowers are blooming and people are dusting off their Sunday best to celebrate Easter. This holiday season show your friends to a good time with an old fashioned egg hunt followed by a Sunday Supper beyond comparison. Read on for helpful recipes to make your Easter meal divine.
Chive Blossom Salad
3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil
2tbsp chives, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, smashed
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2-4 chive blossoms, pulled apart (use as garnish)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients with the exception of the chive blossoms
2. Once salad is prepared spoon dressing onto salad, and top with chive blossoms.
1 large mushroom, thinly sliced
1 tomato, cubed
6 snap peas, cut in thirds
2 large red radishes, sliced thin
2 spring onions, chopped
1/2 c cucmber peeled and sliced thin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Layer all ingredients in a salad bowl, beginning with the first.
2. Toss lightly and add dressing and garnish.
Classic Deviled Eggs
9 eggs, hard boiled
1/2 tsp mustard
dash worsteshire sauce
3 chives, snipped into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
1. Cut eggs lenghtwise into halves
2. Take out yolks and mash well with a fork or potato masher
3. Mix all ingredients (except the chives) in with the yolks
4. Fill egg whites with the yolk mixture, overfilling slightly, and top each one with a snipped sprig of chive
Mustard Glaze Ham
2 20oz cans pineapple slices in juice
1 c packed dark brown sugar
1/3 c dijob mustard
1/4 c yellow mustard
1 spiral sliced ham
1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 c. juice. Whisk juice, brown sugar, and mustards in a bowl.
2. Remove ham from packaging, and place cut side down in a lined 13 x 9 in. baking dish and brush with glaze
3. Attach pineapple rings all over top and sides of ham, using toothpicks.
4. Brush with more glaze and wrap tightly in foil.
7. Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 300 degress on lowest oven rack about 3 hours or until internal temperature is at least 100 degrees.
9. Increase oven temp to 400.
10. Brush ham with more glaze and return to oven, baking until golden brown, about 30 minutes (or until ham reaches and internal temperature of 150 degrees.