We all love feeling strong and fit. There is no better feeling than reaching the goals we set for ourselves everyday in a healthy body. Our bodies stay healthy because of the most natural of activities. You may be surprised to find out that most of these top ten ways to stay fit naturally are already a part of your daily and weekly routines.
1. Vacuuming burns anywhere from 230 to 300 calories an hour depending on your current weight and the effort exerted during this task. Although not the most fun of household chores, if you put on some music as my mother does, and dance while vacuuming you will enjoy it that much more.
2. Which brings us to our second tip - dancing! For general dancing you can burn 300 calories per hour. For aerobic dancing expect to melt off close to 500 calories per hour. As with vacuuming, this activity also builds great core and back muscles too.
3. The next time you clear your home of dust and sigh at how quickly it seems to accumulate, pat yourself on the back for burning 150 calories while shining up your furniture!
4. Gardening, from shoveling to weeding to watering, can burn at least 300 calories per hour. The end result is great arm muscles as well as a beautiful view.
5. How much fun is it to run around and play tag with your children outside on a beautiful Spring day?! Well you will have fun and burn from 180 to 400 calories an hour while reliving this childhood game. Your calf and quad muscles will feel stronger too.
6. One of the benefits of enjoying a delicious home-cooked meal is knowing that before you even sit down to the table you have burned close to 160 calories just preparing that meal. Bon appetit!
7. Watch a funny movie, hang out with your silly friends, and burn 1.5 calories per minute while laughing it up. Laughter can burn more than 60 calories an hour. Give those facial muscles a great workout!
8. For those of us who love to sing in the car know that your commute then becomes a workout. If your commute is one hour, then you will have melted off at least 130 calories on your way into the office. Of course you will feel more relaxed to start the day too.
9. Walking through nature burns 150 to 250 calories per hour. Breathe, take in the air, and enjoy the strength of your body and soul.
10. For those moms and dads who feel they have less time because of a newborn baby, know that holding and playing with your baby builds great, strong and loving arm muscles, and burns at least 150 calories per hour. Strong arm muscles are that much more beautiful when created from rocking a baby to sleep.
Enjoy these natural ways to stay fit and strong!