Christmas is a special time of year for many people with the giving of presents and gifts being one of the highlights. However, people can have great difficulty choosing presents for friends, relatives, colleagues, etc., and it can all become a very stressful affair.
Choosing unusual Christmas gifts
When choosing gifts you usually base this on people’s loves, hobbies, passions, etc. If you really cannot think of what to give someone, it is a good idea to ask someone close to them for ideas as they may have inside information on the loves and passions of that person. However, when someone appears to have everything, it is often difficult to know where to start.
This self development article highlights the benefit of thinking outside the box when you just cannot think of what to buy for someone. One idea is to give them something that they would not have expected from you. Also, remember that this does not have to be a tangible gift – it can simply be an experience. Here are a few examples of unusual Christmas gifts which are a little different from the norm:
* Bouquet of edible flowers
* Collars to keep your pets warm
* Jousting in a Medieval tournament
* Self stirring mugs for a lazy hot drink
* Llama trekking in the countryside
* Teepee retreats in the middle of a forest
* Xmas booties or socks for dogs, cats, etc
* Bin bags in the shape of gigantic Xmas puddings
* Mats that heat up automatically when you sit on them
* Lips balms that taste of Christmas cake and other delicacies
* Cruises that takes you down canals or around lakes to meet Santa
* Glasses that find golf balls via tinted lenses that filter out foliage and grass
* A dog collar with built-in web-cam for taking videos from your dog’s perspective
* Cricket bat experience - you watch master craftsmen design a bat for your size, shape, etc.
Remember that the present or gift you choose is not really about the cost of it but about the special care you take when selecting the best one for someone’s individual personality.
Unusual Christmas gifts - Self Development summary
It can be very difficult to choose the right present for friends, relatives, colleagues, etc., as well as being quite stressful. This self development article highlights the benefit of thinking outside the box when you just cannot think of what to buy for someone, and selecting more unusual gifts or unique experiences which are a little different from the norm.
For further ideas on unique Christmas gifts, do have a look at these links:
strange gifts (amazon.com)
unusual gifts (amazon.co.uk)
(Disclosure: Dr Madden is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme)
To receive further articles do visit the 'FREE Self Development Newsletter' link below. For my Background, Passions and why I write articles like these, see: Dr JOY Madden