To see a video of these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5 lbs)
½ tsp garlic salt
½ large red bell pepper
½ large green bell pepper
2 green onion stalks
2 tbsp peanut oil
½ cup oyster sauce
2 tsp thick soy sauce
2 tsp sherry
1 tsp white pepper
2 tsp black pepper
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut each breast into 1 inch to 1 ½ inch pieces. Sprinkle these pieces with the garlic salt and use your hand to mix it in thoroughly, then set the chicken aside.
- Remove the stem, seeds, and inner white meat of both peppers. Rinse them under cold water and dry them with paper towels. Cut each half of pepper into ½ inch pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onions under cold water and dry them with paper towels. Cut off the very bottom of each onion, and then cut off the green parts as well leaving the white colored stalk. The white part of the stalk is what we want to use in this recipe. Cut each one in half and then into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Place the bell pepper pieces into a large microwavable bowl and fill it with enough hot water to submerge all of the pieces. Then microwave them on high for about 2 minutes. This is the same as if you were to parboil the peppers. Once they are done, drain them in a colander and rinse them with cold water. Then set them aside to dry.
- In a wok, add the oil and heat it on high. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry it for 8 minutes, or until all of the sides are brown. The best way to do this is to let it sit for about 2 minutes and then stir it and let it sit for another 2 minutes, repeating this for the entire 8 minutes.
- Once the chicken is brown, remove it from the wok and set it aside.
- Keep the heat on high and add the green onion and bell peppers. Stir fry them for 1 minute, then return the chicken to the wok and add the sauce.
- Stir until everything is coated with the sauce, then remove the wok from the heat and serve. This dish is great with steamed white rice. Makes about 3 servings.