48 walnut size groundhogs
1 cup flaked coconut
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream, or evaporated milk
1 3 oz. package instant butterscotch pudding
3 1/2 cups oatmeal
Chocolate chips or raisins for eyes, (optional)
- Line two jelly-roll pans with parchment; set aside.
- Spread the coconut over the bottom of a plate.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir; if the coconut is a golden brown, set aside to cool. Otherwise, microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and whipping cream in a large saucepan.
- Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- When the mixture boils, remove the lid and stir.
- Boil 1 minute, remove from the heat, and whisk in the pudding mix.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Scoop the mixture (or drop by tablespoonfuls if a scoop isnít available) onto the parchment-lined pans, immediately sprinkling with the coconut to resemble groundhogs.
- Press two chocolate chips or raisins into each cookie to resemble eyes.
- Let the cookies set, then store for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 42
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 35 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%