As the New Year steadily approaches many people are taking part in the annual ritual of making resolutions for the impending New Year. While the resolutions made vary as greatly as the people who make them, some of the most popular resolutions are often in the realm of “get fit”, “work out more often”, “have more fun”, or “enjoy life more”. The importance of having fun, enjoyment, and physical fitness in one’s life isn’t lost on pop music fans – many who will likely be making very similar resolutions for 2009. They say the past is the best predictor of the future; and if that holds true most people resolving to make changes in the New Year will find themselves not following through with said resolutions. However 2009 brings with it a new remix album from fan favorite Kylie Minogue which just might be the boost some pop music fans need to keep those new year’s resolutions – almost like a soundtrack for physical fitness, fun, and enjoyment in one’s life. After all, music does have the power to move you.
On January 27th, 2009 Kylie Minogue will release Boombox The Remix Album 2000-2008; a collection of her best loved songs remixed by some of the top producers in the industry – including Chemical Brothers, Mylo, Sebastian Leger, and Fischerspooner. For years Kylie’s music has been encouraging booty shaking on dance floors across the globe, and the remixed songs featured on Boombox The Remix Album certainly won’t be an exception. From “2 Hearts (Mark Brown's Pacha Ibiza Upper Terrace Mix)” to “Spinning Around (7th District Club Mental Mix)”, Boombox The Remix Album proves to be a dance floor friendly album with genuinely awesome danceable beats. While the album does feature a little overkill in spots, all in all Boombox The Remix Album is a tight remix album that will definitely be rocking nightclubs and iPods in 2009.
Earlier this year, Kylie received her 5th Grammy nod when her most recent album X was nominated for the Best Dance Album of 2008. Good luck to Kylie. The 2008 Grammy winners will be announced on February 8th, 2009 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Boombox The Remix Album 2000-2008 Track-Listing:
1. Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head (Bootleg with New Order)
2. Spinning Around (7th District Club Mental Mix)
3. Wow (Death Metal Diva Scene Mix)
4. Love At First Sight (Kid Creme Vocal Dub)
5. Slow (Chemical Brothers Mix)
6. Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Mix)
7. Red Blooded Woman (Whitey Mix)
8. I Believe In You (Mylo Mix)
9. In Your Eyes (Knuckleheadz Mix)
10. 2 Hearts (Mark Brown's Pacha Ibiza Upper Terrace Mix)
11. On A Night Like This (Bini & Martini Mix)
12. Giving You Up (Riton Re-Rub Vocal Mix)
13. In My Arms (Sebastien Leger Vocal Mix)
14. The One (Bitrocka Remix)
15. Your Disco Needs You (Casino Radio & Club Remix Mix)
16. Boombox (LA Riots Remix)