What is the best way to do reduce gift shopping time, returns and mostly disappointment? Ask. Yep. Ask, "What do you want for Christmas." If you get the standard "Oh, you don't have to get me anything" (yeah right) or "I'll be happy with anything you give" answers. Don't believe it. Keep prying.
In the meantime, I've listed some fabulous products I've come across. There may be a special gift here for your special someone or maybe you want to do a little pre-holiday shopping for yourself.
If you decide to go the mall route here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- DON'T wait until the last minute.
- Shop in off times. First thing in the morning, after the lunch hour, supper time.
- Wear a warm sweater and leave the jacket at home. You can tie the sweater around your waist to have your hands free while shopping and you won't overheat.
- Bring healthy snacks like chopped up apples in a Ziploc bag. You're already going to be dipping into the holiday treats so some healthy snacks while shopping instead of the fries is worth the few minutes to cut up the apple or orange.
- Wear comfy shoes.
- Prepare a list before you go of who you need to buy for.
- Stick to the list.
- Go shopping alone to maintain your focus.
- Don't shop for yourself.
- Be polite and appreciative to cashiers and sales people (Christmas is a long season for them and they can use all the brightening up they can get).
- Drive safe.
MOE'S BBW PICKS (in no particular order)*One Minute Manicure - It exfoliates, moisturizes and provides a aromatherpay session all in one minute.
*Nottiwear - Knot what you're thinking. Smooth and silky chemises.
*DuWop Lip Venom - Spicy, tingly and sweet smelling lip gloss.
*CUNT: a declaration of independence - Only through discussion and understanding can we reclaim our Cunts along the other aspects of our lives.
*Curvaceous Nigella Lawson - Cookbooks to prepare food for a goddess and her guests.
*Cookie Garden C is for cookie and that's good enough for me". What an awesome gift. A bouquet of gourmet cookie flavors delivered in a special reusable container. So many cookies so little time. Different packages in a variety of price ranges to suit anyone's budget. Be sure to check out "cookies by the pound".
*Fat Witch: The Brownie A delectable array of flavors for one delectable treat: The Brownie. This New York based company offers individual wrapped brownies or special gift packages if you really want to share but I doubt it.
*Comfortable in My Own Skin Messenger Bag Ok. I'm a little biased about this item as I designed the logo last year and applied it to a Café Press bag. It's hip, it's funky, it holds stuff and it's only $24.99!
*Plus Size Sleepwear for the woman who loves to be warm and comfy when she sleeps.
*Plush Cat Pin-Ups Calendar is under $20 and is beautifully photographed by Satu. Second year running. Excellent quality and very sexy.
I hope you've enjoyed shopping with me and were able to cross some of the names off your shopping list. Or maybe treat yourself.