- Brush your hair back into a ponytail at the back-center of your head.
- Grab the ‘ponytail’ and twist it, turning it over and directing the ends of your hair upward.
- Use a clip such as:
or to fasten your hair firmly in place. You will notice that these clips have curved teeth so that they will not flatten the roll you have created.
- Allow some of the ends to fall down over the clip to cover it. Use a rhinestone-encrusted clip for a dressier effect that you don’t have to cover up.
- Use a flatiron to smooth out the ends of your hair. If your hair doesn’t seem to have body, spray it with hairspray first. The heat from the flatiron will cause the styling aids (styling foam or glaze) on your hair to stiffen and become shiny.
- You can straighten the ends of your hair until they are perfectly straight or, for a slightly softer look, use the flatiron to create a smooth, shiny curve in them. (shown below)
- Begin by using the flatiron in the normal way - gliding it slowly along the strand of hair. To create the curve, turn the iron into a soft curve shape and continue to the ends of the strand. Using the flatiron instead of a curling iron creates a simple curve instead of a curl.
- Use a narrow flatiron on your bangs to smooth and shine them.
- Use hairspray to arrange the ends of your hair, causing them to stand out from your head.
- Use a little backcombing for more fullness, separating the ends with your fingers.
- Finish your style with hairspray to keep it in place.
- Add extra sparkle with spray shine.
Adorn your hair with this beautiful peacock clip.
Floral design is handmade with Austrian crystals. Measures 5 inches.