I have used many of the skin recipes * below. I use witch hazel straight from the bottle as an astringent.
- Use witch hazel as an astringent instead of pricey products.
- Cool Banana pulp is a face plumping moisturiser. Mash banana, apply to face, rinse with cool water after 15 minutes.
- Oatmeal in whole milk made into a helps to slough dead skin and tighten pores. Apply with a damp face cloth and gently clease face.
- Cucumber slices placed over eyes will soothe them.
- Tomato pulp tightens skins and is a great remedy for blackheads.
- Cucumber juice patted on face and left to dry will deminish the appearance of wrinkles.
- Make a mask of plain yogurt to restore the natural acidity balance to your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse face in cool water. Pat dry.
- pour powered milk into bath water for a skin softening bath. Add oatmeal if skin is dry and itchy.
- Rub lemon peel over elbows and knees to help get rid of uneven rough dark spots.
- Vinegar makes a good hair rinse for oily hair. Add 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of distilled water. Keep in refrigerator.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice to 1 quart of cool water for your final hair rinse to help prevent drandruff.
- Don't throw that used tea bag away. Drink your tea then use the tea bag if your eyes are tired and puffy swollen.
- Apply hemmoroid cream under the eyes to lessen puffiness.
- Cucumber slices are great eye soothers.
- To diminish undereye puffiness for the evening use a little Preperation H to temporarily tighten the skin.
- Use vaseline to tame your eyebrows.
- Keep white vinegar in refrigerater for burns from stove or sunburn. Pour over burns to help stop blister. Pat on sunburn.
- Witch Hazel soothes the pain and swelling of insect bites.
- Dot Milk of Magnesia on pimples at night or when you are home (alone) to help dry them away.
- Dabbing eye drops on your pimple will get rid of redness for a short time.
- Use scar gel on darkened/rough elbows and knees. It will get rid of dark spots and soften the skin.
- Use a small bit of white tulle netting to gently buff dead skin away. You can buy it from any store that sells fabric.
- Mix 2 parts baking soda to one part salt brush teeth. It removes plaque and whitens. Do not swallow mixture. Rinse mouth until salt taste gone.
- Take a stress release bath. Toss 2 to 3 handfuls of table salt in tub of hot water. Close eyes and relax.
*These tips are for information purposes only-please do not use any salt hints if you suffer from high blood pressure.