Have you ever wondered what you would look like if no one could see your physical body? If people only judged you by your attitude, kindness, manners, generosity, intelligence, and talents what would you look like? Your real beauty is how you make people feel about themselves. You are as beautiful as your thoughts are. You are as beautiful as your actions are. Beauty is when you speak to everyone you meet. It is when you smile for no reason. Beauty is when you recognize, compliment and validate the beauty in others. Real beauty is being respectful and gracious to other people.
Real beauty is being able to apologize when you have made a mistake. Real beauty is always doing your best --not because you are trying to please other people but because you want to always feel pleased with yourself. Real beauty is treating other people the way that you would want to be treated. Real beauty is sharing your gifts, talents and skills to help others see and connect with their real beauty.
Here are some tips on how to connect to your Real Beauty:
1. Forgive yourself for mistakes you have made in the past. Let go of things that you cannot change.
2. Real beauty is not about your eye make-up, stylish clothes, or having a perfect body shape. Itís about doing what you do best.
3. Stop calling yourself derogatory names such as stupid, fat, ugly and crazy. Stop verbally abusing yourself, this type of behavior does not inspire or motivate you to change. Putting yourself down only breeds self-hatred.
4. Tell yourself daily, while looking in the mirror, ďI love you.Ē
5. Accept everything about yourself right now, your personality quirks, body shape and size, strengths and weaknesses. Remind yourself that the Creator does not need an eraser.
6. Develop your talents, skills and abilities. Give your best effort in everything that you do.
7. Say ďnoĒ when something is not in your best interest. Honor your soul by doing what is right for you. Donít worry about hurting someone elseís feeling and ignoring your own. This is not healthy for them or you. Over time you will grow to resent the people you love if you do not set boundaries in the relationship.
8. Donít exercise to lose weight. Move your body and enjoy your life. Lead an active life style because it is fun. Take walks and soak in the scene with your heart. Focus on enjoying your body and life. Your natural size for your body type will take care of itself.
9. Eat a well-balanced healthy diet, not because you are trying to get rid of unwanted pounds. Eat a healthy diet because of the nutritious benefits that you want to gain. Focus on the taste of fresh fruits and vegetable. Find foods that you actually enjoy eating and are good for your body as well.
10. Refrain from interacting with people who bring you down emotionally, such as drama queens and people who are constantly depressed. Listen compassionately and encourage them to seek help, but donít let their problems become your own.
11. Lotion or oil your body daily after a shower. You should know your own body intimately. Nurture and take care of your physical self as you would take care of a baby.
12. Find a way to spend time alone. If you are constantly around other people whether it is your family or friends of whom you share wonderful relationships with, you still need time alone to recognize your own wants, needs, thoughts and desires. Quiet your mind to get in touch with who you are.
13. Donít compare yourself with anyone else. This is the quickest way to erode your self-esteem. You will never be them and no one could ever be you. Whenever you find yourself comparing yourself with anyone, immediately stop and chant three wonderful things about yourself. You are not an imitation you are a one and only original.