While we all relive the glitz and glamor of the 2013 Oscars via YouTube clips, here's a quick run-down of the winners and the evening highlights!
Seth MacFarlane hosted the star-studded evening with wit, charm, song, dance, and irreverent skits, bringing Captain Kirk from Star Trek back from the future to offer a few tips on how to improve the show. "I saw your boobs" will go down in future as one of the oddest, yet most viewed, musical numbers to open the Oscars.
Musical numbers that wowed included the ensemble cast from Les Mis, as well as the winning song from a soundtrack sung by Adele. I loved seeing some old musical movies featured (Chicago and Dream Girls) and they dazzled and entertained still.
Through tears, jokes, political statements, and a time limit, the following award winners thanked as many people as they could for receiving their prestigious Oscar. The following list is in the order in which the awards were given during the evening:
1. Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
2. Animated Short Film: "Paper Man"
3. Animated Feature Film: "Brave"
4. Cinematography: Claudio Miranda for "Life of Pi"
5. Visual Effects: "Life of Pi"
6. Costume Design: "Anna Karenina"
7. Makeup and Hairstyling: "Les Miserables"
8. Live Action Short Film: "Curfew"
9. Documentary Short Subject: "Innocente"
10. Documentary Feature: "Searching for Sugar Man"
11. Foreign Language Film: "Amour"
12. Sound Mixing: "Les Miserables
13. Sound Editing: "Zero Dark Thirty" and "Skyfall" (A tie)
14. Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
15. Film Editing: "Argo"
16. Production Design: "Lincoln"
17. Original Score: "Life of Pi"
18. Original Song: "Skyfall"
19. Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio for "Argo"
20. Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantion for "Django Unchained"
21. Directing: Ang Lee
22. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
23. Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
24. Best Picture: "Argo"
Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you for giving us a truly wonderful year of entertainment!