Tired of counting carbs? No energy for exercises? Tired of having Diabetes and just want it to go away? You are not alone. It is proven that people with chronic illness, such as diabetes, have bouts with depression. What do you do when you feel you can no longer go on? There are ways to fix it.
1. Talk to a trained counselor or psychiatrist. Donít feel it's that bad. Then think about joining a diabetes support group in your area. Contact your local hospitals and mental health clinics; they should be able to point you in the right direction.
2. Exercise. It may sound simple but exercise increases endorphins and alleviates depression. Try a few minutes a day and gradually increase it.
3. Restock your kitchen. Get rid of all the dangerous food in your cupboards and replace with healthy food choices. Excess sugar can further deepen your depression and handicap you. Once bad food is replaced with good food, your healthly outlook might return due to healthy eating.
4. Talk with a pastor. If youíre so inclined talking to pastor/priest can help you through your depression. Also, they are a good resource and can direct you to other alternatives.
5. Discuss it with your doctor. Doctors are familiar with this condition. It may not require medication but maybe a long reassuring talk with your physician.
Remember to take one day at a time and one step at a time. Diabetes is a lifetime disease and must be dealt with on a day-to-day basis.