Candy canes can be easily crushed by placing them in a non-terry dish towel and pounding with a meat tenderizer or other heavy object. They can also be crushed in a Ziploc-type bag, but it is messy since they tear through the bag. For extra color, try to choose candy canes that are both red and green. This easy candy can be made more than a month ahead, but it’s just as good made 15 minutes before the guests arrive.
About 96 1" pieces
6 cups thin pretzels
2 cups crushed candy canes
2 pounds white chocolate, or white chocolate bark
- Prepare an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan by either lining with parchment or spraying with non-stick spray.
- Crush the pretzels in a Ziploc-type bag or by pulsing on and off in the food processor. The end result will be about 3 3/4 cups pretzel pieces and crumbs.
- Mix the pretzels and crushed candy canes.
- Melt the white chocolate: it's easiest in the microwave; microwave 1 1/2 minutes, then stir. If the white chocolate isn't melted, microwave 30 more seconds, let sit a minute or two, and stir until melted. The white chocolate can also be melted in a double boiler, but it takes longer.
- Stir the pretzel peppermint mixture into the white chocolate, mixing well.
- Spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Let sit at room temperature until set, or refrigerate to speed it up.
- Break into pieces, roughly 1” in size.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for a month or more.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 27
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 6% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 71 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%