Sure, several celebs have stuck with traditional names...but it seems that many more prefer names that draw attention both to themselves and -- for better or for worse -- to their kids.
Of all the not-so-hot celebrity baby names out there, I'd have to say that these are the twelve I like least:
- Jermajesty, son of musician Jermaine Jackson, born in 2000.
- Speck Wildhorse, son of musician John Mellencamp and model Elaine Irwin, born in 2005.
- Bronx Mowgli, son of musicians Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz, born in 2008.
- Dweezil, son of musician Frank Zappa, born in 1969.
- Audio Science, son of actor Shannyn Sossamon, born in 2003.
- Reign Beau, daughter of actor Ving Rhames, born in 2000.
- Ikhyd Edgar Arular, son of musician M.I.A., born in 2009.
- Bandit Lee, daughter of musician Gerard Way, born in 2009.
- Fifi Trixibelle, daughter of musician Bob Geldof and TV personality Paula Yates, born in 1983.
- Kal-El, son of actor Nicholas Cage, born in 2005.
- Princess Tiaamii Crystal Esther, daughter of model Katie "Jordan" Price, born in 2007.
- Dusti Rain, daughter of Vanilla Ice, born in 1998.
(I do have specific reasons for disliking each of the names, but I'd rather not include those explanations because these are real kids -- with real internet access -- and I don't want to offend anyone personally.)
So now it's your turn. Do you agree with me? Disagree? Which celebrity baby names would have made your dirty dozen? Hop on over to the baby name forum and post your list!