This delicious pie should be served at room temperature with plenty of sweetened real whipped cream. It’s very rich, so a small piece is adequate, even for the most passionate chocoholic.
1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1/2 cup toasted pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, (highest quality - not Nestles)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely ground
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Place the cookie crumbs, toasted pecans and brown sugar in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely ground.
- With the motor running, pour in the butter and process until well mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared springform pan and press evenly over the bottom and up the sides about 1 - 1 1/2".
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Filling: Meanwhile, place the butter, chocolate chips, and corn syrup in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes on high power; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla; stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on a cooling rack until room temperature.
- Run a knife around the outside of the pie; remove the springform pan. Transfer the pie to a serving platter and decorate with whipped cream.
- To serve, cut into small wedges.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until set.
Amount Per Serving (including the whipped cream)
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 360
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 67% Protein 4% Carb. 29%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 40 g
Saturated Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 147 mg
Sodium 282 mg
Total Carbohydrate 38 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 11%