The temperature in many Southeast Asian countries are higher than what many travelers have experienced. There is nothing to spoil a trip as becoming ill. Here are five time-tested tips for staying cool.
1. Drink plenty of liquids, but limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Buy cool, refreshing drinks. Carry bottled water. Remember fresh fruit contains moisture. Stay hydrated at all costs to stay cool!
2. Eat spicy foods and drink herbal teas. They will make you perspire and cool you down.
3. Take cool showers. The showers lower your body temperature.
4. Wear loose clothing made of cotton, linen or any other breathable fabric. This allows air circulation.
5. Wear a hat. It shades you from the strong sun. Avoid a sun stroke.
Keep these tips in mind when packing for your Southeast Asia tour. A little preparation will ensure a pleasant trip. Also, use these five guides & tips to beat the heat during the hot season at home.
Water Bottle Holder
A water bottle holder frees the travelersí hands. It hangs comfortably from the day pack. This holder can hold plastic and soda bottles up to 1.5 liters. Fasten the holder around the bottle neck. For US$4.95, it is a great buy. Invest in your good health.
Preserve your precious memories. Keep track of the sights and attractions you experience. Keep a travel journal. You will never forget your experiences.
ďTake the first step in faith. You donít have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.Ē -Martin Luther King Jr.
Come back for more Southeast Asia Travel tips. Sign up for the free newsletters so as not to miss future articles.
Whatís your heartís desire? Stop in the forum and share with other readers where you want to travel in Southeast Asia.
Share your travel tips with forum readers. Help your fellow readers. Do you fold your clothes in a manner so wrinkles are minimized? Share!