This dish features Italian blue cheese. This dish is perfect to serve with steak.
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Follow the directions on How to Cook Pasta.
- In a large skillet, over low heat add the cream and wine.
- Add the Gorgonzola cheese and stir well. raising the heat to medium-low.
- Bring the cream mixture to just before a simmer. Continue to cook until the mixture lightly coats a spoon when dipped in the sauce. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and bread crumbs to the sauce and stir, allowing to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve in bowls with additional grated cheese if desired.
Note: When using other shapes of pasta, select one that will hold the sauce. Penne is an example of a tube shaped pasta perfect for creamy sauces.