This garlic bread features the tangy flavor of chèvre (goat cheese).
- 11 ounces chèvre cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh basil, minced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Combine butter, cheese, garlic, bail, and a few grinds of pepper pepper (about 1/8 tsp).
- Cut the loaf in half horizontally. Score the bread in serving portions, but don't cut all the way through the bread.
- Spread the butter-cheese mixture on the bread
- Bake in preheated 375F for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
OXO Steel 58181 Garlic Press
If you are going to invest in a garlic press, get a large one! I press garlic, squeeze lemons, and put to many other uses. The large capacity garlic chamber accommodates several garlic cloves and the built in plastic cleaner efficiently removes garlic reside. Soft, non-slip grips provide cushioning when pressing garlic. You can throw it in the dishwasher for easy clean up.
The bread subject listing has several variations on garlic bread.