These cookies will most likely become a favorite year round, and can be drizzled with a little melted white chocolate when it isn’t Christmastime, or simply dusted with powdered sugar. Chewy Noels travel well and make a perfect addition to mailed care packages. These cookies keep 1-2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature. They also freeze beautifully, and can be frozen several months ahead.
1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans
Confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the oven is heating, place the butter in a 9" x 13" baking pan and put it in the oven just long enough to melt the butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cool on a rack and cut into squares.
- If desired, pipe "Noel" on each cookie in red or green icing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 74
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 5% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%