Ice cream desserts are the ideal way to enjoy summer. These individual ice cream cupcakes do not require the oven be turned on. This is a great treat to beat the heat.
Coffee Gelato Cupcake Recipe
Coffee Gelato Ingredients:
3 cups half and half
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons instant coffee
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
14 Oreo cookies crushed
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 cup milk
1 (8 oz.) tub of Cool Whip or other whipped topping
1 cup toffee and chocolate baking chips
1. Heat half and half and coffee in a medium sized sauce pan until it just starts to bubble, then remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl whip the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer for at least 2 minutes.
3. Slowly add half and half to egg mixture ¼ cup at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Transfer back to sauce pan and reheat until bubbles start to form.
5. Remove from the heat and refrigerate overnight or several hours.
6. Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and prepare according to your machine’s instructions.
7. Prepare the pudding frosting by whisking together the milk and the pudding in a large mixing bowl for at least 2 minutes and there are no lumps.
8. Fold in the whipped topping and refrigerate until needed.
9. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
10. Crush the cookies in a food processor blender and set aside.
11. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a small sauce pan.
12. Once it is melted add the crushed cookies.
13. Spread the crushed cookies on the bottom of each liner.
14. Add a generous scoop of ice cream on top of each cookie layer.
15. Sprinkle each with the toffee.
16. Remove the pudding frosting from the refrigerator and frost each ice cream cupcake. Optional place the pudding in a pastry bag with a star tip.
17. Top each with additional toffee.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!