Chocolate and mint is a sweet and refreshing combination. Even with this cake having several layers it is an extremely simple dessert to prepare. A store boxed brownie mix is the base of this dessert. A layer of chocolate and mint pudding is followed with homemade whipped cream. Both pudding and whipped cream layers are prepared with marshmallow. Besides adding sweetness the marshmallow does act as a stabilizer for the whipped cream.
Chocolate Mint Brownie Cake Recipe
1 package brownie mix (made according to directions on box)
1 package chocolate instant pudding
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tbsp. peppermint extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tbsps. confectioners sugar
1/2 of a 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 (4.6 oz.) package of Andes Mints (chopped)
Whipped Cream layer:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1. Prepare the brownies according to directions on the box. Bake them in an 8 inch spring form pan.
2. Allow the brownies to cool.
3. Prepare the pudding layer. Melt the marshmallows with 1/2 cup of milk over low heat in a large sauce pan until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl beat the whipped cream and 2 tbsps. of confectioner’s sugar until stiff peaks form.
5. In a separate bowl combine the 1 1/4 cups of milk, pudding mix, and peppermint extract and whisk for 2 minutes until combined.
6. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
7. Fold the marshmallow mixture into the pudding.
8. Stir the chopped Andes candies into the pudding.
9. Spread over the brownies.
10. Refrigerate for several hours.
11. Microwave 3 marshmallows for a few seconds until melted, set aside.
12. In a large bowl beat the whipped cream, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar until stiff peak forms.
13. Beat in the melted marshmallow.
14. Remove the sides of the spring form pan.
15. Spread the whipped cream over the pudding layer.
16. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!