This recipe is a great use for left over chicken breasts. It makes a great brunch dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tsp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 8 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Wash the spinach and place in a large pot. Add the water and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and continue cooking until the peppers are soft.
- While the onion and peppers are cooking, crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat.
- Coat the bottom and sides a large frittata pan with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Spread the onion and peppers on the bottom of the pan.
- Blend into the eggs the cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion and peppers.
- Drain the spinach if necessary.
- Mix together the spinach, chicken, and Gorgonzola.
- Sprinkle the spinach-chicken mixture on top of the eggs.
- Place in a 375F degree oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is brown and the center is firm.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Serve with a green salad and a white wine. If you've not had a frittata before, think of it as a cross between an omelet and a quiche.
GET IT NOW!
Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Everyday Pan with Lid
What a deal! This is a great size pan from Calphalon. Use for everything in your everyday cooking, stir fry, chicken, osso buco, etc. It is safe in the oven up to 450F. This pan normally sells for over $160, but is on sale now for $30.
Looking for a great chicken dish for company? Try Chicken Marsala.