When you rent an apartment and don't own the space you occupy, it is especially important to make a few Feng Shui changes to help improve your space and your life. Feng Shui (pronounced “fung shway”) is a design system for arranging your surroundings in harmony and balance with the natural world around you. Your surroundings have a powerful effect on what you attract into your life. When the energy in your apartment or condo is blocked or unbalanced, your prosperity, relationships, health, and well-being can be affected. A few simple Feng Shui changes for renters can unblock stuck energy and help you increase wealth, attract love, create harmony, and advance your career.
Here are 10 simple and low cost Feng Shui tips for renters that you can easily make in your space, no matter how small or large.
1. Place a doormat in front of your door or hang a decoration on the door to attract friendship into your home. If possible, choose a mat made of natural material.
2. Hang wind chimes on the balcony or patio to attract positive energy to your apartment.
3. Position your bed so you can see the bedroom door to help you sleep more soundly. If possible, avoid sleeping with your feet pointed straight out the bedroom door since this is considered a vulnerable position and could keep you awake at night.
4. Avoid setting up a home office in the bedroom, since this room should be reserved for rest and romance only. If you must work in your bedroom, screen off the desk area with a standing screen or large plants before you go to sleep.
5. Decorate your bathroom with the colors red or orange (Fire Element) or Brown (Earth Element) to balance all the excess water in that room to bring balance into your life. Choose something as simple as a red candle or brown towels. Keep the toilet lid down to symbolically keep your wealth from going down the drain.
6. Avoid clutter in your kitchen, empty your trash and recycling containers frequently, and make sure your burners are all working. A clean, working kitchen symbolizes good health in Feng Shui.
7. Hang art in your living room that shows outdoor scenes, landscapes, or flowers to symbolically open up new possibilities and grow your career.
8. Avoid storing or hanging things behind doors, since doors that don't open completely represent blocked opportunities in your life.
9. Light up any dark corners or hallways, because if your rooms are dark, it symbolizes darkness in your financial future. Replace burned out bulbs and brighten your possibilities.
10. Clear out your closets and leave some extra space and empty hangers to symbolically make room for a special someone to share your life.
Join my Feng Shui For Real Life page on Facebook where I post advice, tips, articles, and other Feng Shui information. Click here to link to www.Facebook.com/FengShuiForRealLife.
Want more free Feng Shui tips? Click here to sign up for my free monthly e-newsletter, the Feng Shui For Real Life E-zine.