Are you ready for summer? Then let us redefine family fun! With gas, prices going up and down you can never be too sure of how it could affect your vacation plans. I’ll give you some free and inexpensive actives for family fun for your daughter for the summer. For those parents that don’t mind spending a little extra money find links listed below of vacation spots. In addition, please see a special section for special needs daughter activities. Let’s see how we can create a summer of experiences that will change her life and yours too.
• Visit the museum
• Study architecture of buildings
• Visit different parks
• Visit the zoo
• Start some type of collection (bugs, stamps, coins, etc.)
• Go to the library
• Start a hobby
• Visit your state capital
• Go to state and country fairs
• Go to festivals and carnivals
• Be a tourist in your own hometown
• Biking and planting a garden
• Roller blade
• Roller skate
• Make a kite and fly it
Summer can be a challenging time for daughters with special needs and their parents. Here are some easy and inexpensive activities for your special daughter.
• Tent Building (Obtain blankets and chairs and let the tent overtake your living room or backyard for hours of amusement. This may also provide a great opportunity for soothe time for your daughter with a book, bean bag and flashlight)
• Backyard Water Park ( You can provide a variety of water rides like splash pools, garden and beach ball sprinklers to run through. If your daughter’s tolerance is low for water, spread out a shower curtain in the backyard and sit with a water hose running through her fingers to create a variety of different sprays for her to experience)
• Firehouse visit (make contact with your local fire department and ask if you could stop by for a tour with your daughter)
• Pump it up (Filled with gigantic inflatable slides, bounce houses, obstacle courses and more. Many of them offer times for children with special needs to work on their social skills and/or sensory development.
• Train ride (most daughters love train rides. Make a day of it. Choose departure times during non commuting times so you can get a seat next to the window and deal with fewer crowds)
Now are you ready for summer? Then let’s dive in! Always remember safety first during vacation time. Have fun!
Family resorts and hotels
Free Bonus tip of the week: Let’s build something together
• Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinics: Workshops are offered on Saturdays at 10 a.m.
• Home Depot Free Kid’s Workshops: Workshops are designed for children ages 5-12 and are offered on the first Saturday of the month between 9 a.m. and noon at all Home Depot stores.
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”