Printer Friendly Version

BellaOnline's New England Travel Editor

Featured Photo - What Are These Things?

This is one of my favorite photos. It was taken near Salem, Massachusetts.

But What Is It?

Can anyone tell me what the things hanging on the side of house are called? Email me your answer and I'll post it here along with your name (unless you don't want me to).


We have an answer! George of Meredith, NH wrote to say that "those things" are lobster buoys, used to mark lobster traps.

Thank you, George!

This site needs an editor - click to learn more!

New England Travel Site @ BellaOnline
View This Article in Regular Layout

Content copyright © 2013 by Brenda Potter Reynolds. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Brenda Potter Reynolds. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Editor Wanted for details.

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.

BellaOnline Editor