- Two Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Peaches, chopped or diced, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 C Almonds, sliced
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Melt approximately 1 Tblsp butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Sauté the peaches until they are soft, warmed through and beginning to brown.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over low heat, shaking or stirring frequently, until they are slightly brown.
- Spread Cream Cheese on one tortilla, leaving about ¼ in bare around the perimeter. Layer with peaches and almonds, then sprinkle approximately 1 Tblsp sugar, and cinnamon to taste over the top. Cover with the second tortilla
- Melt approximately 1 Tblsp butter over medium heat (you may use the pan after sautéing the peaches), and cook the quesadilla until it is browned and crisp on both sides and the cream cheese has melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
As I mentioned above, while this dish is great as is, it’s easy to make it even more elegant. Garnish it with fresh mint leaves, or serve with a light caramel or raspberry sauce. Switch up the cheeses—Ricotta, Mozzarella & Cheddar, for example, or if your palate appreciates it, try something stronger, like brie. Almost any fruit may be substituted as well. For a super-fancy feel try the brie with pistachios and berries. Or give pears and gorgonzola a whirl. Shoot for Mexican flavors by using pre-shredded "taco cheese blend" and use mango and pineapple with some fresh cilantro snipped in.