Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is pretty, especially when assembled in a clear glass bowl; trifle bowls are made expressly for serving this popular dessert. Trifle bowls are quite inexpensive, and are available in most department and discount stores. They’re also available on-line through Amazon (see link at the bottom of this article).
1 batch Basic Microwave Pumpkin Pudding & Pie Filling
2 cups whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1 batch Gingerbread or Shortcut Gingerbread, baked in an 11 x 17” jelly-roll pan
1/2 cup apricot brandy, or apricot coffee syrup
1 cup apricot jam
1 28 oz. can pears in pear juice, drained
1 28 oz. can apricot halves in syrup, drained
1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chill the pumpkin pudding and pie filling; fold in the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the apricot brandy evenly over the surface of the gingerbread.
- Cut the cake in half crosswise.
- Spread 1 half with the apricot jam and place the other half on top.
- Cut the sandwiched cake in half lengthwise, then crosswise into strips about 2" wide (resulting strips approx 2" x 4").
- Line the bottom of a trifle bowl with cake strips.
- Cover with half of the drained apricots and half of the drained pears.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over the fruit.
- Layer the remaining cake strips over the pudding, top with the remaining fruit, then the remaining pudding.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, pipe whipping cream decoratively over the top and sprinkle with fresh nutmeg.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 2% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 31 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Purchase an Anchor Hocking Presence Trifle Bowl from Amazon
Purchase an Presence 5-pc. Anchor Hocking Trifle Set from Amazon
Purchase a Pampered Chef Three Piece Trifle Bowl from Amazon