Banana dipped in Nutella is one of my favorite treats. I often have this for breakfast. Why not add them to a muffin? Banana, chocolate, and hazelnuts are a to die for combination. These muffins are so easy to make. There is no need to stop for a store bought muffin. Your whole family can enjoy this breakfast treat.
A great tip to share is that bananas can be frozen ahead of time and then used for baked goods. It is best to freeze bananas while ripe but before they become overripe. A few black spots are good, but before they can become dark all over. This is great to do if you bought too many bananas and are afraid you will not eat all of them. No one wants to waste food. You can peel and mash them first or cut into pieces, then store in freezer bags. Or you can freeze them in a freezer bag with the peel still on them. They only take a few minutes to thaw on the counter.
Banana & Nutella Muffin Recipe
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
5 tbsp. of melted butter
1/2-3/4 cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork. It is always easier to mash extremely ripe bananas that are starting to turn brown.
4. Add the melted butter, sugar, and egg to the bananas and stir until mixed together.
5. Incorporate the flour mixture with the banana mixture. Stir until combined.
6. Add cupcake liners to a muffin or cupcake tin.
7. Fill each muffin 2/3 full.
8. Add about a tsp. of Nutella to each muffin batter. It is easier to do when microwaving the Nutella first. This makes the Nutella softer and easier to work with.
9. Swirl the Nutella in the batter with a knife or toothpick.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!