What’s hot on the gift list for small and home business owners this year? Most of us usually have a long wish list of things that would help us be more efficient, creative and productive. You can find great gifts in every price range, from stocking stuffers to extravagant splurges. If there’s a business owner on your list, here are seven great gifts for this holiday season.
1) Lenovo Thinkpad T43
This is the best rated business laptop according to http://www.consumersearch.com Consumer Search. From Lenovo (formerly IBM), its features score the best overall for Windows computers. It’s quick and powerful, and it comes with one year of drop protection.
2) All-in-One Printers. These copier, fax, scanner and printer machines are efficient and fairly inexpensive. They will not perform as well as their more expensive versions, but for a small or home office, they are fine. I have this one from Lexmark and it’s great for me. I bought it because I needed a fax--the printer, scanner and color copier are added bonuses! Several companies make these and they range from just over $100 to several hundred dollars. Warning: Not all “all-in-one” systems include the same components, so if you need one with a fax, check to make sure it has fax.
3) Digital Cameras like this one from Sony are guaranteed to make your SOHO owner happy, especially if they do any online selling. This is the one I’ve asked Santa for this year and it costs around $400, but you can find great cameras for much less. My current digital camera is three years old and was just over $100 then.
4) Portable USB Computer Drives like this one from Memorex are inexpensive (under $20) and very handy. You can take your computer files with you everywhere—perfect for travelers or for people who need to take computer files between jobs or sites. The SOHO owner can essentially plug the device into a computer almost anywhere and she’s ready to go.
Most small and home offices must make use of every square inch of available space and there are some great products that really help. Boxes, bins, filing supplies, whatever helps keep us organized is always a great idea. Rolling storage carts like these are great for the small office. Keeps everything handy and easy to access.
6) Anything personalized is always a welcome gift, and business owners love personalized things because it’s marketing! Plus, these items are a great way to create something really unique. A mouse pad with their company name, a sweatshirt with their email address, the possibilities are endless and sure to be appreciated. For more personalized gift ideas, try Personalized Gifts from PersonalizationMall.com.
Office Décor is a great gift because small business owners typically pour their resources into their business and not their surroundings. Help them out and introduce a little beauty into their environment, like this "success" poster for the office walls. You can find posters and prints like these in many hobby shops, or Buy From Art.com
8) Because we all work long hours and are under a lot of stress, the Homedics SMB 200 Massage Cushion would be a welcome relief. This cushion was awarded a Best Buy award from Consumers Digest and most reviewers say it loosens up their tired, overworked muscles. Ahh, just what the (small business) doctor ordered.
Here’s hoping you’ll have a wonderful holiday season and much success in 2006!