Cooking breakfast for Mom is a Mother's Day tradition for many families. It doesn't matter what is made, it's truly the thought that counts. And, if cleanup is included in her Mother's Day surprise, the thought will count even more!
The recipes below are for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole, Banana Stuffed French Toast, and Sour Cream Coffee Cake. They are perfect for a Mothers Day breakfast, or for any other special time of year.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (any flavor will do)
1 pound of deli ham, diced
1 package of frozen hash browns
Ύ cup onions, fresh or frozen
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
1. Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Beat the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper, and set aside.
3. Add one layer of hash browns to the slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle cheese over the hash browns.
5. Add half of the diced ham, followed by another layer of cheese.
6. Sprinkle the diced onions over the cheese and add the remaining ham.
7. Pour the egg mixture over all of the ingredients.
8. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
Banana Stuffed French Toast Recipe
1 loaf of Sourdough bread (the thicker the better)
1 cup of milk
2 Tablespoons of sugar
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
4 ripe bananas
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Spray a large pan with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Pre-heat a large pan over medium heat.
3. Combine milk, egg, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Peel and cut the bananas into small slices.
5. Carefully make a slit into each piece of bread, big enough to slide in three to four banana pieces.
6. Place three to four bananas pieces into each slice of bread.
7. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, letting soak on each side for two minutes per side.
8. Place the bread onto the pan and cook for three minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
9. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
10. Serve with your favorite syrup, and fresh fruit on the side.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
1 cup of butter
1 1/4 cup of sugar
8 ounces of sour cream
1 Tablespoon of vanilla
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour into a casserole dish, and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the top.
4. Bake for thirty minutes or until cooked through.